GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR SKYWARD EXPRESS
Check-in counters close 30 minutes prior to the scheduled time of departure. Passengers failing to check-in on time will not be accepted for travel and will forfeit their flight & their ticket. Passenger will be marked as NO-SHOW. Check in is done at our office; Skyward Express building‚ Wilson airport.
It is the passenger's responsibility to ensure that they have photo identity card to prove their identity while checking in‚ Photo identity may either be a Driving license‚ Passport‚ Alien card‚ A valid Movement pass and Birth Certificates for children.
Skyward Express Check- In staff will have the right to deny a passenger to be checked in if the proof of identity is not presented while checking in.
Credit card payment:
An order through www.skywardexpress.co.ke can be paid only by a credit card. Any person who owns a valid credit card of one of the following Credit Card Companies may purchase services through skyward express limited website.
We do not accept children traveling unaccompanied under 4 years unless we get a letter from the parents and the contacts details of the person who will collect the minor.
Infants under the age of 2 weeks cannot be accepted for travel.
Free Baggage Allowance Per Passenger‚ Adult or Child excluding infant:
Unaccompanied cargo and parcels are acceptable at a fee
Flight Changes cancellations and Credit:
The fares are quoted on per person‚ per one way journey basis including taxes fees and charges. Surcharges may apply and fares and taxes may fluctuate due to currency exchange rates and tax changes. Each sector of your journey is treated as a separate flight.
Conditions of Carriage : Conduct on board Aircraft:
Skyward Express check-in staff will have have the right to deny you boarding if;
1. Dangerous Goods:
These are items that MUST NOT be carried on customer / passenger aircraft.
We may accept for carriage the firearms. However‚ prior special arrangements must be made and strict criteria met. Please contact our Call Centers or our Operations team for details.
Items which must not be carried on board or in cabin baggage:
2. Toy or Replica Guns plastic or metal
3. Billiard Snooker or Pool Cues
5. Laser pens
6. Personal Attack Alarms
7. Tradesmen's Tools
8. Knives with Blades of any length
9. Household Cutlery
10. Razor Blades
11. Paper Knives
12. Sporting Bats
13. Hypodermic Syringes unless supported by medical evidence
14. Knitting Needles
16. Swords Archery Bows and Arrows or similar
17. Self Heating Drinks or Food
18. Any other item which in our reasonable opinion could be used to endanger the aircraft or any of thepassengers or crew
3. Restricted Items:
There are some restricted articles which can be carried in checked baggage but only with special precautions amongst these are:-
1. Wet Cell Batteries
2. Butane Hair Stylers
3. Small Oxygen and Carbon Dioxide Cylinders
4. Dry Ice and Cooking Oil.
However you must advise us and obtain confirmation from us in advance of the flight date that we are able to accept such items for the services on which you are booked to travel. Please contact our Customer Service Centre.
Items which you MUST NOT include within your Checked Baggage:-
3. Precious Metals
5. Personal Electronic Devices
6. Car or House Keys
7. Share Certificates Bonds and other Valuable Documents
8. Business Documents
9. Passports or other Identification Documents
10. Fragile or Valuable Items
11. Perishable Foods or other Items
We do not accept animals / pets for carriage on our aircraft.
OTHER CONDITIONS OF CARRIAGE
1. The conditions of carriage under air tickets relating to the limits of liability of the carrier for death or personal injury are subject to the provisions of Warsaw Conventions.
2. Freight is carried strictly on a space availability basis.
3. Skyward Express does not accept any liability for any direct or consequential cost arising from any delays in the carriage due to any reasons whatsoever. In the event of the freight being lost or damaged during carriage then the Company’s liability is limited to a maximum of kshs 250 per kg.
4. Skyward Express undertakes to use her best efforts to carry the passenger and his baggage with reasonable dispatch but no particular time is fixed for the commencement or completion of carriage. Subject there to skyward express may without prior notice substitute carriers or aircraft and may or omit the stopping place previously agreed upon. Times indicated on brochures/ advertisements/ Website.
5. No liability whatsoever is accepted towards passengers or hirers‚ their dependants or any other persons in respect of death‚ injury‚ sickness‚ damage or loss whether sustained on board the aircraft in course of any of the operations of flight embarking disembarking or otherwise. Any exclusion or limitation of liability of carrier shall apply to and be for the benefit of agents servants and representative of carrier and any other person whose aircrafts is used by carrier for carriage and its agents servants and representatives
6.Skyward Express provides the service with Dash8 -300 series and the Fokker 50‚ therefore some restrictions caused by the size and type of aircraft may apply. In particular we point out that bags are tagged and maintained by the airline like in large airlines.
7. An air carrier issuing a ticket for carriage over the lines of another air carrier does so only as its agent.
8. Skyward Express reserves the right to use any type of an aircraft on any route.
9. Skyward Express general terms and conditions customer may print a copy from our website (www.skywardexpress.co.ke)
10. Tariffs are subject to change without prior notice.
11. All claim for any event to be received in writing by the company within 24 hours from its occurrence. In case of dispute the Court of Law is Kenya
12. No Agent servant or representative of the carrier has authority to modify or waive any provision of this contract.
13.Skyward Express is a independent airline and operates to selected destinations. Skyward Express accepts no responsibility towards flight cancellation or postponements or diverting or returning to operations base due to adverse weather or bad runway conditions or due to any reason beyond our control. Accepts no responsibility towards any delays to connect onward flight to another destination on another carrier/ airline caused by any reason or any extra cost raised.